Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Home
- About Laser Hair Removal / FAQ
- LHR vs Other Methods of Hair Removal
- Before & After Pictures
- Our Technology
- IPL vs Laser Hair Removal
- Special Offers
Laser Related Information
IPL vs. Laser Hair Removal
- IPL is often mistakenly referred to as a Laser. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. The light passes over the whole treatment area, in comparison to an actual laser where the light is far more concentrated.
- Treatment performed using an IPL is not as effective for hair removal. Laser uses just one wavelength to target hair follicles. Therefore Laser energy is far more focused than a IPL energy. The treatment settings with our Laser machines are more accurate and precise so we can individualise treatments for each client.
- When IPL is used for hair removal there is also a greater risk of causing damage to the skin, such as changes toskin pigmentation or burning.
So why do so many Clinics/Salons use IPL?
- The cost of IPL equipment is a lot cheaper than Laser equipment.
- IPL equipment is more versatile as it can perform a number of skin treatments as well as Laser Hair Removal. So really is an all in one machine.
Leicester Laser Clinic uses specific Laser equipment for the sole purpose of hair removal and has different equipment for skin treatments. We use the most up-to-date equipment for safe and effective hair removal, to provide our clients with the best possible treatment.